Ferdinand Elementary School
Ferdinand Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Ferdinand Elementary School's student population of 309 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2012)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||309 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ferdinand Elementary School is ranked within the top 1% of all 1,767 schools in Indiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank||#9 out of 1,767 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||90-94%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||90-94%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||18:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Southeast Dubois County Corp School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest elementary school is Nancy Hanks Elementary School (4.2 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ferdinand Nancy Hanks Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 243 students
19260 N Sr 162
Ferdinand, IN 47532
(812)357-5091 4.2 PK-6 243
- Huntingburg Southridge High School Grades: 9-12 | 550 students
1110 S Main St
Huntingburg, IN 47542
(812)683-2272 6.7 9-12 550
- Huntingburg Southridge Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 366 students
1112 S Main St
Huntingburg, IN 47542
(812)683-3372 6.7 6-8 366
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.