Flowood Elementary School
- Flowood Elementary School's student population of 661 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 38 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||661 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Flowood Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 825 schools in Mississippi (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MS)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#175 out of 825 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Rankin County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Flowood Northwest Rankin High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,692 student
5805 Highway 25
Flowood, MS 39232
(601) 992-2242 3.7 9-12 1,692
- Jackson Mc Leod Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 533 students
1616 Sandlewood Place
Jackson, MS 39211
(601) 987-3597 3.9 K-5 533
- Flowood Northwest Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 588 students
500 Vine Dr.
Flowood, MS 39232
(601) 992-0924 4.2 K-6 588
- Brandon Highland Bluff Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 787 students
5970 Highland Bluff
Brandon, MS 39047
(601) 992-5168 4.5 K-6 787
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?