Foothill High School
- Foothill High School's student population of 1,339 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 54 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,339 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||54 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Foothill High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2879 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Shasta Union High School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Redding Foothill Plus Grades: 10-11 | 19 students
9733 Deschutes Rd.
Redding, CA 96001
(530) 245-2715 0.0 10-11 19
- Palo Cedro Junction Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 272 students
9087 Deschutes Rd.
Palo Cedro, CA 96073
(530) 547-3274 0.7 K-8 272
- Palo Cedro Chrysalis Charter Grades: K-8 | 222 students
21945 Old Forty-four Dr.
Palo Cedro, CA 96073
(530) 547-9726 2.4 K-8 222
- Redding California Heritage Youthbuild Academy Ii Grades: 9-12 | 93 students
8544 Airport Rd.
Redding, CA 96002
(530) 378-5254 3.4 9-12 93
- Anderson Prairie Elementary School Grades: K-3 | 299 students
20981 Dersch Rd.
Anderson, CA 96007
(530) 365-1801 3.7 K-3 299
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.