Forestdale Elementary School
- Forestdale Elementary School's student population of 571 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 48 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||571 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Forestdale Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1440 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fairfax Co Pblc Schs School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Reston Forest Edge Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 663 students
1501 Beacontree Ln
Reston, VA 20190
(703)925-8000 0.0 PK-6 663
- Reston Aldrin Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 726 students
11375 Center Harbor Rd
Reston, VA 20194
(703)904-3800 1.0 PK-6 726
- Reston Armstrong Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 461 students
11900 Lake Newport Rd
Reston, VA 20194
(703)375-4800 1.7 PK-6 461
- Great Falls Forestville Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 559 students
1085 Utterback Store Rd
Great Falls, VA 22066
(703)404-6000 1.8 PK-6 559
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.