Haymarket Elementary School

  • Haymarket Elementary School serves 791 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
  • The percentage of students achieving proficiency in Math is 87% (which is higher than the Virginia state average of 72%) for the 2016-17 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in Reading/Language Arts is 84% (which is higher than the Virginia state average of 80%) for the 2016-17 school year.
  • Haymarket Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Virginia for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2016-17 school year.
  • The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is higher than the Virginia state level of 15:1.
  • Minority enrollment is 46% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is lower than the Virginia state average of 50%.

Top Placements

Haymarket Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:

School Overview

  • Haymarket Elementary School's student population of 791 students has grown by 12% over five school years.
  • The teacher population of 41 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
Grades OfferedGrades Prekindergarten-5
Total Students791 students
Total Classroom Teachers41 teachers
Students by GradeThis chart display the students of Haymarket Elementary School by grade.

School Comparison

  • Haymarket Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,801 schools in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
  • The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
  • The diversity score of Haymarket Elementary School is 0.66, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year DataThis SchoolState Level (VA)
Overall School Rank#389 out of 1801 schools
(Top 30%)
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
87%
72%
This chart display the percentage of students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Math of Haymarket Elementary School and the percentage of public school students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Math of public schools in Virginia by year, with the latest 2016-17 school year data.
Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
84%
80%
This chart display the percentage of students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Reading/Language Arts of Haymarket Elementary School and the percentage of public school students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Reading/Language Arts of Virginia by year, with the latest 2016-17 school year data.
Student : Teacher Ratio19:115:1
Asian
12%
7%
Hispanic
14%
15%
Black
14%
23%
White
54%
50%
Two or more races
6%
5%
All Ethnic GroupsThis chart display the percentage breakdown of students of all ethnic groups in Haymarket Elementary School.This chart display the percentage breakdown of public school students of all ethnic groups in VA.
Diversity Score0.660.68
Eligible for Free Lunch
9%
35%
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
5%
6%
School Statewide TestingView Education Department Test Scores
School District NamePrince William Co PBLC Schs School District
Source: 2016-2017 (latest school year available) NCES, VA Dept. of Education

Nearby Public Schools

Show me:

School Reviews

Review Haymarket Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:

  • Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
  • Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities

I am a:

Name or Alias:

Your review:

Rate this school:
Recent Articles
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.