- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 272 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 98%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in MS
- Math Proficiency: 6-9% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 15-19% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MS Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
6-9% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 37% MS state average), while 15-19% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 35% MS state average).
How many students attend Franklin Academy?
272 students attend Franklin Academy.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
93% of Franklin Academy students are Black, 2% of students are Hispanic, 2% of students are White, 2% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Franklin Academy?
Franklin Academy has a student ration of 15:1, which is higher than the Mississippi state average of 14:1.
What grades does Franklin Academy offer ?
Franklin Academy offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5
What school district is Franklin Academy part of?
Franklin Academy is part of Columbus Municipal School District.
Review Franklin Academy. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities