French Camp Elementary School
French Camp Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Mississippi for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- French Camp Elementary School's student population of 177 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has grown by 25% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||177 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- French Camp Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 840 schools in Mississippi (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MS)|
|Overall School Rank||#46 out of 840 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Choctaw County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Weir Weir Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 171 students
351 Marion Kelly Drive, 351 Ma
Weir, MS 39772
(662)547-7079 6.6 PK-6 171
- Mc Cool Greenlee Attendance Center Grades: PK-6 | 376 students
26050 Hwy 12
Mc Cool, MS 39108
(662)674-5263 10.6 PK-6 376
- Ethel Ethel Attendance Center Grades: 7-12 | 264 students
Ethel, MS 39067
(662)674-5673 12.2 7-12 264
- Ackerman Ackerman Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 527 students
8475 Ms Hwy 15
Ackerman, MS 39735
(662)285-4052 13.0 PK-6 527
- Ackerman Choctaw County High School Grades: 7-12 | 533 students
393 East Main Street, 393 East
Ackerman, MS 39735
(662)285-4101 13.6 7-12 533
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.