Grimsley High School
Grimsley High School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Grimsley High School's student population of 1720 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 92 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,720 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||92 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Grimsley High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 2538 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Grimsley High School is Guilford County s School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 272 school districts in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Guilford County s School District's student population of 73,151 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 89% has increased from 83% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $13,616 is higher than the state average of $8,969. The district revenue/student has grown by 29% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,277 is higher than the state average of $8,766. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Guilford County s School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||73,151||870|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$1,010 MM||$8 MM|
|District Spending||$762 MM||$8 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$13,616||$8,969|
|District Spending / Student||$10,277||$8,766|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greensboro Kiser Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 761 students
716 Benjamin Parkway
Greensboro, NC 27408
(336)370-8240 0.1 6-8 761
- Greensboro Uncg Early/middle College High School Grades: 9-12 | 203 students
1408 Walker Avenue
Greensboro, NC 27412
(336)334-3662 0.9 9-12 203
- Greensboro Gc Middle College High School Grades: 11-12 | 122 students
815 West Market Street
Greensboro, NC 27401
(336)370-8300 1.0 11-12 122
- Greensboro Irving Park Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 644 students
1310 Sunset Drive
Greensboro, NC 27408
(336)370-8225 1.0 PK-5 644