Helen Keeling Elementary School
Helen Keeling Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Arizona for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Helen Keeling Elementary School's student population of 373 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||373 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Helen Keeling Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,111 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank||#1946 out of 2111 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Amphitheater Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Leman Academy Of Excellence-sierra Vista Grades: K-8 | 456 students
1000 E Wilcox Dr
Tucson, AZ 85715
(520) 222-8253 0.5 K-8 456
- Tucson Tucson Collegiate Prep Grades: 6-8 | 40 students
40 W. Fort Lowell
Tucson, AZ 85705
(520) 870-1670 0.7 6-8 40
- Tucson Montessori Schoolhouse Grades: K | 13 students
1301 E. Ft. Lowell Road
Tucson, AZ 85719
(520) 319-8668 0.8 K 13
- Tucson Desert Rose Academy Charter School Grades: 9-12 | 172 students
326 W. Fort Lowell Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85741
(520) 696-0819 0.9 9-12 172
- Tucson Alternative Computerized Education (ace) Charter High School Grades: 9-12 | 346 students
1929 North Stone Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85705
(520) 628-8316 1.0 9-12 346
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.