Helena Elementary School
Helena Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Helena Elementary School's student population of 870 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 49 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-2|
|Total Students||870 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||49 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Helena Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||--||--|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Shelby County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest elementary school is Helena Intermediate School (1.3 miles away)
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.