Highland Park Elementary School
- Highland Park Elementary School's student population of 402 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||402 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Highland Park Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank||#839 out of 1,367 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Prince George's County Public s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Capitol Heights Seat Pleasant Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 362 students
6411 G St
Capitol Heights, MD 20743
(301)925-2330 0.8 PK-6 362
- Hyattsville G. James Gholson Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 640 students
900 Nalley Rd
Hyattsville, MD 20785
(301)883-8390 1.1 7-8 640
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.