Highlands Elementary School
- Highlands Elementary School's student population of 526 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||526 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Highlands Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#136 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dothan City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dothan Heard Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 419 students
201 Daniel Cir
Dothan, AL 36301
(334)794-1471 3.1 K-5 419
- Dothan Honeysuckle Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 589 students
1665 Honeysuckle Rd
Dothan, AL 36305
(334)794-1420 3.2 6-8 589
- Dothan Girard Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 299 students
522 Girard Ave
Dothan, AL 36303
(334)794-1467 3.6 K-5 299
- Dothan Kelly Springs Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 377 students
1124 Kelly Springs Rd
Dothan, AL 36303
(334)983-6565 3.6 PK-5 377
Research shows that students of color face a disproportionate number of disciplinary actions in U.S. public schools. Learn about these disparities, as well as the policies that fuel them. Also learn about suggested measures to address this problem.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.