Hindman Elementary School
Hindman Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Kentucky for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Hindman Elementary School's student population of 548 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||548 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hindman Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,246 schools in Kentucky (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KY)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#306 out of 1246 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Knott County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hindman Knott County Central High School Grades: 9-12 | 577 students
76 Patriot Lane
Hindman, KY 41822
(606) 785-3166 0.8 9-12 577
- Hindman Knott County Area Technology Center
1996 Highway 160 South
Hindman, KY 41822
(606) 785-5350 1.2 n/a n/a
- Emmalena Emmalena Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 203 students
8343 W Hwy 550
Emmalena, KY 41740
(606) 251-3651 5.5 PK-8 203
- Littcarr Carr Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 358 students
8596 S Hwy 160
Littcarr, KY 41834
(606) 642-3833 5.8 PK-8 358
- Hazard Cordia School Grades: PK-12 | 226 students
6050 Lotts Creek Road
Hazard, KY 41701
(606) 785-4457 8.6 PK-12 226
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?