Holmes Elementary School
- Holmes Elementary School's student population of 564 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||564 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Holmes Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 26:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#290 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||San Diego Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Diego Riley/new Dawn Grades: K-12 | 165 students
5650 Mt. Ackerly Dr.
San Diego, CA 92111
(858)496-8205 0.6 K-12 165
- San Diego Marston Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 689 students
3799 Clairemont Dr.
San Diego, CA 92117
(858)273-2030 0.7 6-8 689
- San Diego Whittier K-12 Grades: K-12 | 51 students
3401 Clairemont Dr.
San Diego, CA 92117
(858)490-2770 0.7 K-12 51
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.