Holt Elementary School
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Magnet School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 703 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
- Minority Enrollment: 94%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in NC
- Math Proficiency: 10% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 26% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NC Dept. of Education
Holt Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Holt Elementary School's ranking?
Holt Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for: Lowest student:teacher ratio (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
10% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 42% NC state average), while 26% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 47% NC state average).
How many students attend Holt Elementary School?
703 students attend Holt Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
55% of Holt Elementary School students are Hispanic, 34% of students are Black, 6% of students are White, 4% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Holt Elementary School?
Holt Elementary School has a student ration of 13:1, which is lower than the North Carolina state average of 14:1.
What grades does Holt Elementary School offer ?
Holt Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5
What school district is Holt Elementary School part of?
Holt Elementary School is part of Durham Public Schools School District.
Review Holt Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities