Hoover Elementary School
- Hoover Elementary School's student population of 630 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||630 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hoover Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 29:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#8595 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Stockton Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stockton Primary Years Academy Grades: K-5 | 326 students
1540 N. Lincoln St.
Stockton, CA 95204
(209) 933-7355 0.1 K-5 326
- Stockton Brookside Grades: K-8 | 759 students
2962 Brookside Rd.
Stockton, CA 95219
(209) 953-8641 0.8 K-8 759
- Stockton San Joaquin Building Futures Academy Grades: 9-12 | 146 students
3100 Monte Diablo Ave.
Stockton, CA 95213
(209) 468-8140 0.8 9-12 146
- Stockton Tyler Skills Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 480 students
3830 Webster Ave.
Stockton, CA 95204
(209) 933-7295 0.8 K-8 480
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.