- Hughes-elizabeth Lakes's student population of 202 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||202 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hughes-elizabeth Lakes's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#3911 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hughes-Elizabeth Lakes Union Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Downey Munz John Camp Grades: 7-12
42220 N. Lake Hughes Rd.
Downey, CA 90242
(661)724-1314 3.3 7-12 n/a
- Downey Mendenhall William Camp Grades: 7-12 | 41 students
42230 N. Lake Hughes Rd.
Downey, CA 90242
(661)724-1351 3.4 7-12 41
- Lancaster Kings Valley Academy Grades: K-12 | 449 students
9895 Seventh Ave.
Lancaster, CA 93534
(661)272-1225 7.1 K-12 449
- Lancaster Del Sur Senior Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 796 students
9023 W. Ave. H
Lancaster, CA 93536
(661)942-0488 8.3 K-8 796
- Palmdale Leona Valley Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 105 students
9063 W. Leona Ave.
Palmdale, CA 93551
(661)948-9010 8.5 K-8 105
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.