Top Oregon Public Schools
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public schools in Oregon, IL, serving 1,188 students. Oregon has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Illinois.
- Oregon, IL public schools have an average math proficiency score of 24% (versus the Illinois public school average of 32%), and reading proficiency score of 31% (versus the 37% statewide average). Schools in Oregon have an average ranking of 4/10, which is in the bottom 50% of Illinois public schools.
- Minority enrollment is 16% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Illinois public school average of 52% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the Illinois public school average of 15:1.
Oregon, Illinois Public Schools (Closed)
- School Location Grades Students
- Oregon Elementary School - Jefferson Wing (Closed 2012)1100 Jefferson St
Oregon, IL 61061
(815) 732-2911Grades: PK-2 | 363 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.