Anderson Community School Corp School District
- For the 2021 school year, there are 2 public middle schools in Anderson Community School Corp School District, serving 1,501 students. Public middle schools in Anderson Community School Corp School District have an average math proficiency score of 35% (versus the Indiana public middle school average of 52%), and reading proficiency score of 44% (versus the 62% statewide average). This district's average middle testing ranking is 2/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public middle schools in Indiana.
- Minority enrollment is 45% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Indiana public middle school average of 32% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the Indiana public middle school average of 16:1.
|School District Name||Anderson Community School Corp School District|
|School District Website||http://www.acsc.net/|
|School District Phone Number||(765) 641-2028|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IN)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||544 Schools|
|# of Students||1,501 Students||289,775 Students|
|# of Teachers||100 Teachers||17,816 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
- Anderson Community School Corp School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 342 school districts in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 94% has increased from 79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IN)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#295 out of 373 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 Students||632 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3 Students||5,499 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||204 Students||33,315 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||347 Students||39,998 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||820 Students||196,899 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||232 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||124 Students||13,200 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||540|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||3,851|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||3,885|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||3,908|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||4,470|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||4,584|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||10,721|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||521||49,991|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||483||78,435|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||480||79,979|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||17||11,593|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||12,280|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||12,879|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||12,323|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||336|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,611 is higher than the state median of $11,838. The school district revenue/student has grown by 11% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,941 is higher than the state median of $10,933. The school district spending/student has grown by 11% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (IN)|
|Total Revenue||$104 MM||$16 MM|
|Spending||$85 MM||$15 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,611||$11,838|
|Revenue / Student||$11,941||$10,933|
Anderson Community School Corp School District Public Middle Schools (2021)
Parents nationwide are opting out of state testing. Hoping to send a message to lawmakers, they are refusing to allow their children to take standardized tests.
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
The Obama Administration recently warned states that refusing enrollment to students based on citizenship or immigration status violates federal law.