North Judson-San Pierre School Corp School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public schools in North Judson-San Pierre School Corp School District, serving 1,017 students. North Judson-San Pierre School Corp School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Indiana.
- Public schools in North Judson-San Pierre School Corp School District have an average math proficiency score of 47% (versus the Indiana public school average of 54%), and reading proficiency score of 52% (versus the 62% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 3/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Indiana.
- Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Indiana public school average of 32% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the Indiana public school average of 17:1.
|School District Name||North Judson-San Pierre School Corp School District|
|School District Website||http://www.njsp.k12.in.us/|
|School District Phone Number||(574) 896-2155|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IN)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||1,922 Schools|
|# of Students||1,017 Students||1,052,874 Students|
|# of Teachers||67 Teachers||60,857 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||17:1|
- North Judson-San Pierre School Corp School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 373 school districts in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IN)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#239 out of 373 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5 Students||2,103 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||4 Students||25,462 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||52 Students||125,582 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||5 Students||132,751 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||935 Students||714,936 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 Students||802 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||14 Students||51,238 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||18,972|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||77||77,895|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||85||76,250|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||63||76,421|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||74||78,682|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||75||80,063|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||72||79,953|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||80||79,149|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||76||78,435|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||74||79,979|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||76||80,524|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||100||80,785|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||87||83,703|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||77||80,464|
|# of Ungraded Students:||1||1,599|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,847 is higher than the state median of $11,838. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,152 is higher than the state median of $10,933. The school district spending/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (IN)|
|Total Revenue||$13 MM||$16 MM|
|Spending||$11 MM||$15 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,847||$11,838|
|Revenue / Student||$11,152||$10,933|
North Judson-San Pierre School Corp School District Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- North Judson-san Pierre Elementary School 809 W Talmer Ave
North Judson, IN 46366
Grades: K-6 | 526 students
- N Judson-san Pierre Junior Senior High School 1 Bluejay Dr
North Judson, IN 46366
Grades: 7-12 | 491 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.