Interstate 35 Elementary School
- Interstate 35 Elementary School's student population of 422 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||422 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Interstate 35 Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#787 out of 1,252 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Interstate 35 Comm School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Interstate 35 Elementary School is Interstate 35 Secondary School (0.2 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Truro A.d.a.p.t Pre-school Grades: PK | 43 students
445 East North St
Truro, IA 50257
(641)765-4901 0.0 PK 43
- Truro Interstate 35 Secondary School Grades: 6-12 | 449 students
405 E North St
Truro, IA 50257
(641)465-4818 0.2 6-12 449
- Osceola Clarke Middle School School Grades: 7-8 | 210 students
800 N Jackson St
Osceola, IA 50213
(641)342-4221 12.3 7-8 210
- Winterset Winterset Bridges School Grades: 9-12 | 14 students
624 Husky Dr
Winterset, IA 50273
(515)462-3320 12.4 9-12 14
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.