Clayton Ridge Community School District
- For the 2021 school year, there are 4 public schools in Clayton Ridge Community School District, serving 881 students. Clayton Ridge Community School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Iowa.
- Public schools in Clayton Ridge Community School District have an average math proficiency score of 72% (versus the Iowa public school average of 76%), and reading proficiency score of 73% (versus the 74% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 3/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Iowa.
- Minority enrollment is 10% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the Iowa public school average of 24% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is more than the Iowa public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Clayton Ridge Community School District|
|School District Website||http://www.claytonridge.k12.ia.us|
|School District Phone Number||(563) 252-2341|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IA)|
|# of Schools||4 Schools||1,330 Schools|
|# of Students||881 Students||502,459 Students|
|# of Teachers||49 Teachers||34,396 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
- Clayton Ridge Community School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 332 school districts in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-84% has decreased from 90% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#278 out of 333 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||7 Students||1,874 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||4 Students||12,683 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||41 Students||54,404 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||31 Students||30,879 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||790 Students||381,240 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||1,350 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||8 Students||20,029 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||24||22,072|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||59||38,247|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||48||34,902|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||49||36,010|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||54||36,631|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||51||37,922|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||71||37,957|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||54||37,546|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||64||37,038|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||57||36,371|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||71||37,643|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||84||37,027|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||93||36,147|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||102||36,946|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,238 in this school district is less than the state median of $14,090. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,378 is less than the state median of $13,630. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (IA)|
|Total Revenue||$10 MM||$10 MM|
|Spending||$9 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,238||$14,090|
|Revenue / Student||$10,378||$13,630|
Clayton Ridge Community School District Public Schools (2021)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Clayton Ridge Elementary School 131 S River Park Dr
Guttenberg, IA 52052
Grades: PK-3 | 167 students
- Clayton Ridge High School 131 S River Park Dr
Guttenberg, IA 52052
Grades: 8-12 | 231 students
- Clayton Ridge Middle School 502 West Watson Street
Garnavillo, IA 52049
Grades: 4-7 | 157 students
- Iowa Virtual Academy 502 W. Watson Street
Garnavillo, IA 52049
Grades: K-12 | 326 students
Parents nationwide are opting out of state testing. Hoping to send a message to lawmakers, they are refusing to allow their children to take standardized tests.
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
The Obama Administration recently warned states that refusing enrollment to students based on citizenship or immigration status violates federal law.