Top Monona County Public Middle Schools
- For the 2021 school year, there are 2 public middle schools in Monona County, IA, serving 257 students. Monona County, IA public middle schools have an average math proficiency score of 73% (versus the Iowa public middle school average of 76%), and reading proficiency score of 70% (versus the 73% statewide average). Middle schools in Monona County have an average ranking of 3/10, which is in the bottom 50% of Iowa public middle schools.
- Minority enrollment is 13% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the Iowa public middle school average of 22% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the Iowa public middle school average of 14:1.
Top Monona County Public Middle Schools (2021)
Monona County Public Schools (Closed)
- School Location Grades Students
- Castana Elementary School (Closed 2005)4th & Elm St
Castana, IA 51010
(712) 353-6331Grades: 1-5 | 171 students
- Central Elementary School (Closed 2014)1100 10th
Onawa, IA 51040
(712) 433-1056Grades: 3-5 | 157 students
- Lark Elementary School (Closed 2014)611 4th
Onawa, IA 51040
(712) 433-1393Grades: PK-2 | 204 students
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.