Top Parkersburg Public High Schools
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public high school in Parkersburg, IA, serving 260 students. Parkersburg, IA public high school have an average math proficiency score of 85% (versus the Iowa public high school average of 80%), and reading proficiency score of 85% (versus the 77% statewide average). High schools in Parkersburg have an average ranking of 7/10, which is in the top 50% of Iowa public high schools.
- Parkersburg, IA public high school have a Graduation Rate of 95%, which is more than the Iowa average of 90%.
- Minority enrollment is 3% of the student body (majority Black and Asian), which is less than the Iowa public high school average of 22% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the Iowa public high school average of 15:1.
Top Parkersburg, IA Public High Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Aplington Parkersburg High School 610 N Johnson St
Parkersburg, IA 50665
Grades: 9-12 | 260 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.