Jackson Memorial Elementary School
- Jackson Memorial Elementary School's student population of 214 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||214 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Jackson Memorial Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#531 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wythe Co Pblc Schs School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Austinville Laurel Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 217 students
26 Pleasant View Road
Austinville, VA 24312
(276)728-9247 2.4 PK-5 217
- Max Meadows Fort Chiswell Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 372 students
101 Pioneer Trail
Max Meadows, VA 24360
(276)637-4400 5.6 6-8 372
- Max Meadows Max Meadows Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 247 students
213 School St
Max Meadows, VA 24360
(276)637-3211 8.4 PK-5 247
- Hillsville Hillsville Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 522 students
90 Patriot Lane
Hillsville, VA 24343
(276)728-7312 9.3 PK-5 522
Nearby Homes for Sale
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.