Laurel Elementary School
- Laurel Elementary School's student population of 217 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||217 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Laurel Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1123 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Carroll Co Pblc Schs School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Austinville Jackson Memorial Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 214 students
4424 Fort Chiswell Road
Austinville, VA 24312
(276)699-0160 2.4 PK-5 214
- Hillsville Southwestern Va Tr Center Ep Grades: PK-12
160 Training Center Road
Hillsville, VA 24343
(276)728-3121 7.6 PK-12 n/a
- Max Meadows Fort Chiswell Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 372 students
101 Pioneer Trail
Max Meadows, VA 24360
(276)637-4400 7.8 6-8 372
- Hillsville Carroll County Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 826 students
1036 N. Main Street
Hillsville, VA 24343
(276)728-4211 7.9 6-8 826
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.