James Irvine Intermediate
- Grades: 7-8
- Enrollment: 655 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 23:1
- Minority Enrollment: 97%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in CA
- Math Proficiency: ≤20% (Top 30%)
- Reading Proficiency: ≤20% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
≤20% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while ≤20% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
How many students attend James Irvine Intermediate?
655 students attend James Irvine Intermediate.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
52% of James Irvine Intermediate students are Hispanic, 44% of students are Asian, 3% of students are White, and 1% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of James Irvine Intermediate?
James Irvine Intermediate has a student ration of 23:1, which is higher than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does James Irvine Intermediate offer ?
James Irvine Intermediate offers enrollment in grades 7-8
What school district is James Irvine Intermediate part of?
James Irvine Intermediate is part of Garden Grove Unified School District.
Review James Irvine Intermediate. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities