Joseph M. Simas
- Grades: Kindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 512 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 23:1
- Minority Enrollment: 74%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 56% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 60% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Joseph M. Simas's ranking?
Joseph M. Simas ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for: Highest math proficiency (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
56% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 60% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend Joseph M. Simas?
512 students attend Joseph M. Simas.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
58% of Joseph M. Simas students are Hispanic, 26% of students are White, 5% of students are Asian, 5% of students are Black, 5% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are American Indian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Joseph M. Simas?
Joseph M. Simas has a student ration of 23:1, which is higher than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Joseph M. Simas offer ?
Joseph M. Simas offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-6
Review Joseph M. Simas. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities