Junior High School 145 Arturo Toscanini
- Junior High School 145 Arturo Toscanini's student population of 274 students has declined by 34% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has declined by 23% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||274 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Junior High School 145 Arturo Toscanini's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#4204 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||NEW YORK CITY GEOGRAPHIC DISTRICT # 9 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Junior High School 145 Arturo Toscanini is Bronx Early College Academy For Teaching And Learning (0.2 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is New Millennium Business Academy Middle School (0.0 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is New Millennium Business Academy Middle School (0.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Urban Science Academy Grades: 5-8 | 255 students
1000 Teller Ave
Bronx, NY 10456
(718)588-8221 0.0 5-8 255
- Bronx Bronx Early College Academy For Teaching And Learning Grades: 6-12 | 547 students
250 E 164th St
Bronx, NY 10456
(718)681-8287 0.2 6-12 547
- Bronx Bronx School For Law Government And Justice Grades: 6-12 | 773 students
244 E 163rd St
Bronx, NY 10451
(718)733-8100 0.2 6-12 773
- Bronx Grant Avenue Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 445 students
250 E 164th St
Bronx, NY 10456
(718)681-6288 0.2 PK-5 445
i like this school because i get to learn more and have fun teachers and also meet new people
- Posted by Student/Alumni - maimu
I couldn't disagree more with the parent who wrote the above review. I teach at this school, and I can swear to the fact that the vast majority of the staff in the building are incredibly dedicated. Most work in afterschool programs, and many worked over the last Christmas vacation to provide extra help to students for the upcoming state English exams. I was one of those teachers. Would you care to guess how many students showed up for FREE tutoring in a small class setting? Out of a student body of close to 600 kids, around 40 turned out. Whose fault is that? The teachers? The principal? As a middle school, we receive kids coming from 4th grade who are reading at kindergarten and 1st grade levels. I would argue that the entire staff of this school does a heculean job of trying to move these kids up to the reading and math levels at which they should be functioning. Last year, the 8th graders from this school were the city-wide champs in the Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Competition, defeating a Manhattan private school in the final round. The 8th grade poetry team won the city-wide Poetry Slam competition. These are remarkable achievements that our entire student population is very proud of.
- Posted by Teacher - mh235
The quality of academics is extremly low the teachers and staff have zero care for any of the children the school is majority blacks/hispanic and they are not given the proper education considering the fact of them living in low income housing or on other goverment programs not all kids attending this school are in this situation but they are mistreated and not educated properly or treated fairly. Things are not reported to the correct person they ignore situations that should be reported to the board of education as well as autoritys please think twice before putting your kid/kids in this school its not benefically to them and in the long run it will cost you alot. My son has had several things stolen from him and have reported it to the principal as well as other authoritys of the school and they have never followed up until I the parent got involved. Your kid/kids are not safe in this school and they will not learn anything but how to be a negative individual because thats what they can see
- Posted by Parent - grown
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.