Top Kansas Alternative Public Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 top alternative public school in Kansas, serving 38 students.
- Alternative schools aim to help students whose needs may not be successfully met in regular schools.
- Students who attend alternative schools and may be at risk of educational failure (as indicated by poor grades, truancy, disruptive behavior, pregnancy, or similar factors associated with temporary or permanent withdrawal from school).
- Minority enrollment is 63% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Kansas state average of 35%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 38:1 is more than the state average of 14:1.
Top Kansas Alternative Public Schools (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Elkhart Point Rock Alternative High School 150 Wildcat Ave
Elkhart, KS 67950
Grades: 9-12 | 38 students
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.