Top Kansas Charter Public Schools
For the 2021 school year, there are 10 charter public schools in Kansas, serving 3,191 students.
Learn more about how charter schools work. Kansas charter public schools have an average math proficiency score of 26% (versus the Kansas public school average of 33%), and reading proficiency score of 40% (versus the 37% statewide average).
Minority enrollment is 25% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Kansas public school average of 36% (majority Hispanic).
The student:teacher ratio of 27:1 is more than the Kansas public school average of 14:1.
Top Kansas Charter Public Schools (2021)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Hugoton Learning Academy 529 S. Main
Hugoton, KS 67951
Grades: 7-12 | 45 students
- Yoder Charter Elementary School 9808 S Yoder Rd
Yoder, KS 67585
Grades: PK-8 | 71 students
- Lawrence Virtual School 1104 E 1000 Road
Lawrence, KS 66047
Grades: K-12 | 1,085 student
- Service Valley Charter Academy 21101 Wallace Road
Oswego, KS 67356
Grades: K-8 | 137 students
- Smoky Valley Virtual Charter School 121 S Main
Lindsborg, KS 67456
Grades: K-12 | 703 students
- Hope Street Charter Academy 1900 Sw Hope Street
Topeka, KS 66604
Grades: 9-12 | 119 students
- Insight School Of Ks At Hilltop Ed Center 16740 W 175th
Olathe, KS 66062
Grades: 7-12 | 799 students
- Caney Valley Charter Academy 601 E. Bullpups Blvd
Caney, KS 67333
Grades: 9-12 | 18 students
- West Franklin Learning Center High - Charter 511 E Franklin
Pomona, KS 66076
Grades: 6-12 | 10 students
Jay McDowell, a public school teacher in Howell, evicted a student for making anti-homosexual comments, but now the instructor faces suspension. Learn about the national controversy that involves this local Michigan teacher.
A six-year old in Aurora, Colorado, was suspended after singing an LMFAO song to a little girl in his class and reportedly “shaking his booty.” We look at the case and the sexual harassment problem in public schools today.
After playing rapper Macklemore's "Same Love" pro-gay rights rap song in class, a Michigan teacher was suspended with no pay. We explore the controversy.