Kyrene Akimel A-al Middle School
Kyrene Akimel A-al Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Arizona for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Kyrene Akimel A-al Middle School's student population of 1,059 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 53 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||1,059 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Kyrene Akimel A-al Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank||#432 out of 1,842 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kyrene Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Phoenix Kyrene De Los Lagos School Grades: PK-5 | 487 students
17001 S 34th Way
Phoenix, AZ 85048
(480)541-3200 0.9 PK-5 487
- Phoenix Kyrene Monte Vista School Grades: PK-5 | 665 students
15221 S Ray Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85048
(480)541-4400 1.1 PK-5 665
- Phoenix Mission Heights Preparatory High School Grades: 9-12 | 334 students
1376 East Cottonwood Lane
Phoenix, AZ 85020
(520)836-9383 1.8 9-12 334
- Phoenix Ambassador Academy Grades: K-7 | 60 students
3820 E. Ray Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85044
(480)961-2214 2.1 K-7 60
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.