Lagunitas Elementary School
Lagunitas Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Lagunitas Elementary School's student population of 164 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||164 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lagunitas Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#4330 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lagunitas Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Geronimo San Geronimo Valley Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 85 students
One Lagunitas Sch Rd.
San Geronimo, CA 94963
(415) 488-9421 0.0 K-6 85
- Fairfax Ross Valley Charter Grades: K-5 | 127 students
101 Glen Dr.
Fairfax, CA 94978
(415) 488-5863 3.9 K-5 127
- Fairfax White Hill Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 808 students
101 Glen Dr.
Fairfax, CA 94930
(415) 454-8390 3.9 6-8 808
- Nicasio Nicasio Grades: K-8 | 43 students
5555 Nicasio Valley Rd.
Nicasio, CA 94946
(415) 662-2184 4.2 K-8 43
- Fairfax Manor Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 257 students
150 Oak Manor Dr.
Fairfax, CA 94930
(415) 453-1544 4.6 K-5 257
This school is amazing and I'm in middle school like when you don't like math you just LOVE the teacher he can be so funny!! Or any other subject the teachers are always supporting you no matter what happens!!! I've been in the school since kindergarten so I've been here for 7 years!! I met such nice people and you learn so much!!! If you are looking for a school this is for you!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Natasha Krauss
YIKES . We as a family are not happy with LSD . we won't be back .
- Posted by Parent - not happy
This is a terrible school . If you want your child to learn to read , write and be able to do math . Then this is not the school for you . If you want your child to play all day and do plays and get ready for Halloween , and trips to Hearts desire beach . Then this is the school for you . When I first moved there a couple of people told me it wasn't the best school and maybe I should consider I different school . I decided to give the school a try. What a mistake . My child is now in a new school and two (2) grade levels behind . I've had my child tested at three different tutoring places and they all said the same thing . I am now spending a small fortune to get my child up to speed . I had also read some Yelp reviews on this school before I embarked on the LSD journey . The Yelp reviews said what I am saying now . That the kids where two grad levels behind and having to be tutored . It's a lazy school in regards to proper education . Yes they are thoughtful about nurturing the children's imagination , but not enough practical application on education .
- Posted by Parent - Heath
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.