Lakeland High School
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Magnet School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 1,048 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 71%
- Graduation Rate: 75% (Btm 50% in VA)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: 33% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 77% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), VA Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Lakeland High School often compared to?
Lakeland High Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Nansemond River High School, King's Fork High School by visitors of our site.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
33% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 54% VA state average), while 77% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 69% VA state average).
What is the graduation rate of Lakeland High School?
The graduation rate of Lakeland High School is 75%, which is lower than the Virginia state average of 89%.
How many students attend Lakeland High School?
1,048 students attend Lakeland High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
65% of Lakeland High School students are Black, 29% of students are White, 3% of students are Two or more races, 2% of students are Hispanic, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Lakeland High School?
Lakeland High School has a student ration of 14:1, which is equal to the Virginia state average of 14:1.
What grades does Lakeland High School offer ?
Lakeland High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Lakeland High School part of?
Lakeland High School is part of Suffolk City Public Schools School District.
Review Lakeland High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities