Lawrence Education Center placed in the top 10% of all schools in Illinois for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the Illinois state average of 28%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the Illinois state average of 32%) for the 2020-21 school year.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Alternative school
- Grades: 9-12
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in IL
- Math Proficiency: <50% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: <50% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IL Dept. of Education
Lawrence Education Center ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Total Classroom Teachers
Lawrence Education Center is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,663 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (IL)
Overall Testing Rank
#237 out of 3663 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IL Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Lawrence Education Center's ranking?
Lawrence Education Center is ranked #237 out of 3,663 schools, which ranks it among the top 10% of public schools in Illinois.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
<50% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 28% IL state average), while <50% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 32% IL state average).
What grades does Lawrence Education Center offer ?
Lawrence Education Center offers enrollment in grades 9-12
What school district is Lawrence Education Center part of?
Lawrence Education Center is part of Springfield School District 186.
Review Lawrence Education Center. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
A Story of Overcoming Common Reading Difficulties
Follow the story of Sarah, a fictional character who overcame common reading difficulties with the help of the three cueing system. This blog post explores the advantages and disadvantages of the three cueing system and provides strategies for implementing it effectively.
Voucher Program Update: Florida
Many states now offer voucher programs. We look at the voucher program available in Florida.
Standardized tests have a long history in American K-12 education. We examine what standardized tests evaluate and more.