Madison High School
Top Placements (Virginia)
Madison High School is Listed among the top public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Madison High School's student population of 2142 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 142 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,142 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||142 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Madison High School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1796 schools in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Madison High School is Fairfax County School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 134 school districts in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Fairfax County School District's student population of 185,807 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 87% has increased from 86% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $13,016 is higher than the state average of $11,628. The district revenue/student has declined by 7% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $13,217 is higher than the state average of $11,792. The district spending/student has declined by 14% over four school years.
|School District Name||Fairfax County School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||185,807||3,554|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$2,351 MM||$41 MM|
|District Spending||$2,387 MM||$42 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$13,016||$11,628|
|District Spending / Student||$13,217||$11,792|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Vienna Louise Archer Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 684 students
324 Nutley St Nw
Vienna, VA 22180
(703)937-6200 0.4 PK-6 684
- Vienna Flint Hill Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 729 students
2444 Flint Hill Rd
Vienna, VA 22181
(703)242-6100 0.5 PK-6 729
- Vienna Oakton High School Grades: 9-12 | 2439 students
2900 Sutton Rd
Vienna, VA 22181
(703)319-2700 1.1 9-12 2439