Magnolia Science Academy 6
Magnolia Science Academy 6 places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Magnolia Science Academy 6's student population of 162 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||162 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Magnolia Science Academy 6 is ranked within the top 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#4378 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Culver City Linwood E. Howe Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 561 students
4100 Irving Pl.
Culver City, CA 90232
(310) 842-4338 0.5 K-5 561
- Los Angeles Palms Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 325 students
3520 Motor Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90034
(310) 838-7337 0.5 K-5 325
- Los Angeles Castle Heights Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 557 students
9755 Cattaraugus Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90034
(310) 839-4528 0.9 K-5 557
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.