Magnolia Science Academy 6
Magnolia Science Academy 6 places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Magnolia Science Academy 6's student population of 173 students has grown by 26% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||173 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Magnolia Science Academy 6's student:teacher ratio of 25:1 has increased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#5214 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Culver City Linwood E. Howe Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 548 students
4100 Irving Pl.
Culver City, CA 90232
(310)842-4338 0.5 K-5 548
- Los Angeles Palms Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 353 students
3520 Motor Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90034
(310)838-7337 0.5 K-5 353
- Los Angeles Castle Heights Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 562 students
9755 Cattaraugus Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90034
(310)839-4528 0.9 K-5 562
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.