Palms Middle School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 1,291 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 24:1
- Minority Enrollment: 82%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 49% (Top 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 64% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
49% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 64% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend Palms Middle School?
1,291 students attend Palms Middle School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
43% of Palms Middle School students are Hispanic, 24% of students are Black, 18% of students are White, 11% of students are Asian, and 4% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Palms Middle School?
Palms Middle School has a student ration of 24:1, which is higher than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Palms Middle School offer ?
Palms Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8
What school district is Palms Middle School part of?
Palms Middle School is part of Los Angeles Unified School District.
Review Palms Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities