Magnolia Science Academy 4
- Magnolia Science Academy 4's student population of 192 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||192 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Magnolia Science Academy 4's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#7261 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||23:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Daniel Webster Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 431 students
11330 W. Graham Pl.
Los Angeles, CA 90064
(310)235-4600 0.0 6-8 431
- Los Angeles New West Charter Grades: 6-12 | 825 students
1905 Armacost Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90025
(310)943-5444 0.5 6-12 825
- Los Angeles Clover Avenue Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 596 students
11020 Clover Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90034
(310)479-7739 0.6 K-5 596
- Los Angeles Mar Vista Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 573 students
3330 Granville Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(310)391-1175 0.9 K-5 573
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.