Magnolia Science Academy 4
Top Placements (California)
Magnolia Science Academy 4 is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Magnolia Science Academy 4's student population of 184 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||184 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Magnolia Science Academy 4 is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Magnolia Science Academy 4 is Los Angeles Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Los Angeles Unified School District's student population of 633,165 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 77% has increased from 61% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,871 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,853 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 13% over four school years.
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||633,165||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$8,437 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$9,736 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,871||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,853||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Daniel Webster Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 454 students
11330 W. Graham Pl.
Los Angeles, CA 90064
(310)235-4600 0.0 6-8 454
- Los Angeles New West Charter Grades: 6-12 | 823 students
1905 Armacost Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90025
(310)943-5444 0.5 6-12 823
- Los Angeles Clover Avenue Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 604 students
11020 Clover Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90034
(310)479-7739 0.6 K-5 604
- Los Angeles Mar Vista Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 590 students
3330 Granville Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(310)391-1175 0.9 K-5 590
September 17, 2018
Public schools are far from perfect, but they still offer significant benefits to the students that attend their classrooms every day. We’ll list a few of those advantages here.
August 29, 2018
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
August 28, 2018
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.