Top Southwest Harbor Public Schools
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public school in Southwest Harbor, ME, serving 135 students. Southwest Harbor has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Maine.
- Southwest Harbor, ME public school have an average math proficiency score of 52% (versus the Maine public school average of 37%), and reading proficiency score of 62% (versus the 50% statewide average). Schools in Southwest Harbor have an average ranking of 9/10, which is in the top 20% of Maine public schools.
- Minority enrollment is 9% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Asian), which is less than the Maine public school average of 11% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is less than the Maine public school average of 12:1.
Top Southwest Harbor, ME Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Pemetic Elementary School 327 Main Street
Southwest Harbor, ME 04679
Grades: K-8 | 135 students
We have followed the Atlanta cheating scandal story, and now, administrative consequences have been handed out to the teachers implicated, and a jury is considering criminal charges against some of the teachers as well.
Learn about a school district in Missouri that buckled under the pressure of the ACLU and took single-sex classes out of its schools. We’ll also look at some of the evidence that both supports and refutes the benefits of single-sex classrooms.
Some schools in the country only give students 10 minutes to eat lunch, while others enjoy an entire hour. We’ll delve into the controversy surrounding the length of the lunch period and what the research finds in correlating lunch length to student performance.