Top Waterboro Public High Schools
- For the 2021 school year, there is 1 public high school in Waterboro, ME, serving 930 students. Waterboro, ME public high school have an average math proficiency score of 23% (versus the Maine public high school average of 33%), and reading proficiency score of 51% (versus the 54% statewide average). High schools in Waterboro have an average ranking of 4/10, which is in the bottom 50% of Maine public high schools.
- Waterboro, ME public high school have a Graduation Rate of 89%, which is more than the Maine average of 85%.
- Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Maine public high school average of 10% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is more than the Maine public high school average of 12:1.
Top Waterboro, ME Public High Schools (2021)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Massabesic High School 88 West Road
Waterboro, ME 04087
Grades: 9-12 | 930 students
Learn about why technical public high schools are earning attention for their unique career-training opportunities.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Some educators and community leaders are pushing for more math and science at the high school level. Is the move really necessary and if so, how do schools get students more interested in these STEM subjects?