Making Waves Academy
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Charter School
- Grades: 5-12
- Enrollment: 1,084 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 18:1
- Minority Enrollment: 99%
- Graduation Rate: 90-94% (Top 30% in CA)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: 16% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 39% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Making Waves Academy ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Making Waves Academy's ranking?
Making Waves Academy ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for: Lowest student:teacher ratio (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
16% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while 39% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
What is the graduation rate of Making Waves Academy?
The graduation rate of Making Waves Academy is 90-94%, which is higher than the California state average of 85%.
How many students attend Making Waves Academy?
1,084 students attend Making Waves Academy.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
86% of Making Waves Academy students are Hispanic, 8% of students are Black, 3% of students are Asian, 2% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are White.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Making Waves Academy?
Making Waves Academy has a student ration of 18:1, which is lower than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Making Waves Academy offer ?
Making Waves Academy offers enrollment in grades 5-12
What school district is Making Waves Academy part of?
Making Waves Academy is part of Making Waves Academy School District.
Review Making Waves Academy. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities