Mann Middle School
- Mann Middle School's student population of 968 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 66 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||968 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mann Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,650 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#2477 out of 3650 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hillsborough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brandon Mclane Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 624 students
306 N Knights Ave
Brandon, FL 33510
(813)744-8100 0.8 6-8 624
- Brandon Navigator Academy Of Leadership Hillsborough
235 W Brandon Blvd
Brandon, FL 33511
(813)598-1448 1.1 n/a n/a
- Seffner Seffner Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 592 students
109 Cactus Rd
Seffner, FL 33584
(813)744-8171 1.1 PK-5 592
- Brandon Brandon Adult/community Center
1101 Victoria St
Brandon, FL 33510
(813)744-8131 1.2 n/a n/a
I don't know how to describe this school, a student got her pants set on fire at this school by another student and has yet to hear anything that has happen as a punishment for the other student. In my opinion that''s unacceptable.
- Posted by Parent - Person
yes because i love it here, and it is no match for the homework my 4th grade Mrs.matthews gave me. i sat up all night typing an 100 story due the next day. and plus they are an a school so how could blame,except for the no lockers. but you still got your gym locker. its a great school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - kibay
This is a well run school with one exception. The amount of homework that is given out daily is ridiculous. For 2 years in a row now, my child has not been to bed before midnight. My child makes good grades and does not play around. She starts on her homework within 30 minutes of arriving home and does not stop except for dinner, and is still up until early morning most nights. It is not only harming her health but also our family dynamics, as myself or my husband are also up helping her and can barely wake up for work in the morning. I am sure that no one monitors the homework assignments because this could not possibly be purposeful. My daughter can't even participate in any extra curricular activities because of this and it is playing havoc on her health....mentally and physically!!
- Posted by Parent - tikib
The teachers don't really teach us what we need to learn. They just hand out work sheets and expects us to get A's.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - skull
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.