Mann Middle School
Mann Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Mann Middle School's student population of 1,014 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 67 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||1,014 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||67 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mann Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,601 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#1901 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hillsborough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brandon Mclane Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 693 students
306 N Knights Ave
Brandon, FL 33510
(813)744-8100 0.8 6-8 693
- Seffner Seffner Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 702 students
109 Cactus Rd
Seffner, FL 33584
(813)744-8171 1.1 PK-5 702
- Brandon Brandon Adult/community Center Grades: AE
1101 Victoria St
Brandon, FL 33510
(813)744-8131 1.2 AE n/a
yes because i love it here, and it is no match for the homework my 4th grade Mrs.matthews gave me. i sat up all night typing an 100 story due the next day. and plus they are an a school so how could blame,except for the no lockers. but you still got your gym locker. its a great school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - kibay
This is a well run school with one exception. The amount of homework that is given out daily is ridiculous. For 2 years in a row now, my child has not been to bed before midnight. My child makes good grades and does not play around. She starts on her homework within 30 minutes of arriving home and does not stop except for dinner, and is still up until early morning most nights. It is not only harming her health but also our family dynamics, as myself or my husband are also up helping her and can barely wake up for work in the morning. I am sure that no one monitors the homework assignments because this could not possibly be purposeful. My daughter can't even participate in any extra curricular activities because of this and it is playing havoc on her health....mentally and physically!!
- Posted by Parent - tikib
The teachers don't really teach us what we need to learn. They just hand out work sheets and expects us to get A's.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - skull