Maple Lawn Elementary School
Maple Lawn Elementary School serves 638 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Maple Lawn Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Washington for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 76% (which is higher than the Washington state average of 50%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 77% (which is higher than the Washington state average of 61%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is higher than the Washington state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 34% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Washington state average of 46% (majority Hispanic).
Maple Lawn Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Washington for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Maple Lawn Elementary School's student population of 638 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 33 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Maple Lawn Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 2,052 schools in Washington (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Maple Lawn Elementary School is 0.52, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (WA)
Overall Testing Rank
#184 out of 2052 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, WA Dept. of Education
Review Maple Lawn Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Life Beyond High School: The Innovative Frontier
Exploring post graduation options for high school students.
Back to School: Getting Up to Date with Required Vaccinations
Stay up to date on the current requirements for vaccinations for school-age children today, as well as some of the problems schools face when parents do not properly immunize their kids.
Utah on its Way to Banning Sex-Ed in Schools
The new bill, which has already passed state lawmakers, would ban public schools from teaching about contraception or sexually transmitted diseases. If it is signed into law by the governor, it will be the most conservative law in the country regarding sex education in schools.