Marcy Open Elementary School
Marcy Open Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Marcy Open Elementary School's student population of 712 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 43 teachers has grown by 22% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||712 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Marcy Open Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Overall School Rank||#1004 out of 1,784 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Minneapolis Public School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Paul Virtual High School Grades: 6-12 | 355 students
180 East Fifth Street M10a
Saint Paul, MN 55101
(651)746-7977 0.5 6-12 355
- Minneapolis Special Education Grades: PK-12
425 5th St Ne
Minneapolis, MN 55413
(612)668-5440 0.6 PK-12 n/a
- Minneapolis Downtown Campus Grades: 9-12 | 124 students
511 Groveland Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55411
(612)238-3022 0.7 9-12 124
- Minneapolis Minnesota Online High School Grades: 9-12 | 140 students
2314 University Ave W Ste 10
Minneapolis, MN 55411
(800)764-8166 0.7 9-12 140
- Minneapolis Mts Pease Academy Grades: 9-12 | 37 students
601 13th Ave Se
Minneapolis, MN 55406
(612)378-1377 0.7 9-12 37
Great school, super involved community. Great teachers and staff, no staff turnover. Wouldn`t have chosen any other public school!
- Posted by Parent - Ann
Marcy is the best school I could ever have gone to, the teachers are nice the school food isn't the best but eatable and I made many friends there
- Posted by Student/Alumni - A student at marcy
I love Marcy. There's a great combination of good teachers and social atmosphere. Diversity is a big plus, teaching our kids a great lesson of different races and cultures living together. I think Marcy is a great school to prepare kids to be global citizens.
- Posted by Parent - Palo
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.