Mark Twain Elementary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 327 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 16:1
- Minority Enrollment: 40%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in MO
- Math Proficiency: 25-29% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 35-39% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MO Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
25-29% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 42% MO state average), while 35-39% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% MO state average).
How many students attend Mark Twain Elementary School?
327 students attend Mark Twain Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
60% of Mark Twain Elementary School students are White, 18% of students are Hispanic, 11% of students are Black, 7% of students are Two or more races, 2% of students are Asian, 1% of students are American Indian, and 1% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Mark Twain Elementary School?
Mark Twain Elementary School has a student ration of 16:1, which is higher than the Missouri state average of 13:1.
What grades does Mark Twain Elementary School offer ?
Mark Twain Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5
Review Mark Twain Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities