21782 Maryland Public Schools
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public school in 21782, Maryland, serving 279 students.
- Public school in zipcode 21782 have an average math proficiency score of 27% (versus the Maryland public school average of 41%), and reading proficiency score of 32% (versus the 41% statewide average). Schools in 21782, Maryland have an average ranking of 2/10, which is in the bottom 50% of Maryland public schools.
- Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Maryland public school average of 63% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is more than the Maryland public school average of 15:1.
21782, MD Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Sharpsburg Elementary School 17525 Shepherdstown Pike
Sharpsburg, MD 21782
Grades: PK-5 | 279 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.