Mayer High School
- Mayer High School's student population of 159 students has declined by 19% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||159 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mayer High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 2,111 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#687 out of 2111 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mayer Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Prescott Mijted - Mayer High School Grades: 9-12
12606 E Main Street
Prescott, AZ 86302
(928) 771-0791 6.1 9-12 n/a
- Mayer Mayer Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 311 students
12568 E. Main Street
Mayer, AZ 86333
(928) 642-1000 6.2 PK-8 311
- Dewey Humboldt Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 415 students
2750 S Corral St
Dewey, AZ 86327
(928) 759-4000 11.8 K-6 415
- Crown King Crown King Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 4 students
188 Towers Mtn. Rd.
Crown King, AZ 86343
(928) 632-5207 14.2 K-8 4
- Dewey Bradshaw Mountain Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 287 students
12255 Turquoise Circle
Dewey, AZ 86327
(928) 759-4900 15.0 7-8 287
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.