Meadows Of Dan Elementary School
Meadows Of Dan Elementary School serves 495 students in grades Prekindergarten-7.
Meadows Of Dan Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Virginia for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is ≥95% (which is higher than the Virginia state average of 82%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 90-94% (which is higher than the Virginia state average of 78%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 29:1 is higher than the Virginia state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 32% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Virginia state average of 51% (majority Black).
Meadows Of Dan Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Meadows Of Dan Elementary School's student population of 495 students has grown by 21% over five school years.
The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 19% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Meadows Of Dan Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,800 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Meadows Of Dan Elementary School is 0.50, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (VA)
Overall Testing Rank
#51 out of 1800 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, VA Dept. of Education
Review Meadows Of Dan Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Banning Sports Drinks
Gatorade may no longer be present on public school campuses, thanks to bans in California and potentially nationally. Learn about the movement and why public schools are saying goodbye to Gatorade on campus.
Should Ethnic Studies be Banned in Public Schools?
Arizona’s new law banning ethnic studies in public schools is stirring tremendous controversy. Learn about what the proponents and opponents are saying.
Taxes, Investments and Loans: Learning Financial Literacy in High School
While reading, writing, and arithmetic are the foundation of a child's education, financial literacy is growing in importance as well. Learn about public schools that are teaching financial literacy to their students.