Mendocino Alternative places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 1%)
- Mendocino Alternative's student population of 3 students has declined by 70% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 1 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||3 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mendocino Alternative's student:teacher ratio of 3:1 has decreased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (11-12)||<50%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (11-12)||≥50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (13-14)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mendocino Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mendocino Mendocino High School Grades: 9-12 | 180 students
10700 Ford St.
Mendocino, CA 95460
(707) 937-5871 0.1 9-12 180
- Mendocino Mendocino K-8 Grades: K-8 | 293 students
44261 Little Lake Rd.
Mendocino, CA 95460
(707) 937-0515 0.9 K-8 293
- Albion Albion Elementary School Grades: K-3 | 9 students
30400 Albion Ridge Rd.
Albion, CA 95410
(707) 937-2968 7.6 K-3 9
- Fort Bragg Dana Gray Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 381 students
1197 E. Chestnut St.
Fort Bragg, CA 95437
(707) 961-2865 8.9 3-5 381
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.